Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Beloved Messenger of Allah(swt)

by Ayesha bint Mahmood

Although I never saw your face
So beautiful, bestowed with grace
My heart doth yearn to be like you
In thoughts and hopes anda actions too
You loved the children and the old
Amd gave your heart to every soul
You nursed the sick and served the poor
And fed the hungry at your door
You loved creatures - tame and wild
And comforted the orphan child
You bid men peace, cared for the youth
God's Messenger in truth

So with devotion I do read
Your life of which I try to lead
No deeds is mine except yours
My prayers upon you ever pour
The good-tidings you brought to me
And for mankind, we'll never be
In humble praise of our Good Lord
For bringing His great Message forth

Now to my Lord I turn and pray
'O Allah! Your last Messenger's way
Lit the earth whereso he went
This truthful, gentle soul You sent
O Allah! Your last Messenger's life
Was the perfect sacrifice
To bring Your people to Your Garden
In hope he prayed for our pardon
Guiding, steady and forbearing
Patient with us for not caring
O Allah! Our love for Him cannot sever
Peace and blessings on Muhammad for ever.'

No comments:

Post a Comment