Thursday, June 10, 2004

Why Ali's not an Atheist

A teacher with liberal tendencies explains to his class of small children
that he is an atheist. He asks his class if they are atheists too. Not
really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their
hands shoot up into the air.

There is, however, one exception. Ali has not gone along with the class.
The teacher asks him why he has decided to be different.

"Cuz I'm not an atheist dat's why."

"What are you?" asks the teacher.

"I'm a Muslim, so don't mess wid me."

The teacher is a little perturbed now, his face slightly red. He asks
little Ali why he is a Muslim
"Cuz I was brought up that way innit. My mum is a Muslim, and my dad is a
Muslim, so that makes me a Muslim too. Get it?"

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," he says.

"What if your mum was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would that
make you?"

"Den," says Ali, "dat'll make me an atheist like you, innit."

No comments:

Post a Comment