Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Etiquettes Of Sleep

1-Seek refuge from the Shaytan, put your hands together, then blow into the palms, then read Suratul Ikhalaas (112), Suratul Falaaq (113) and Suratul Naas (114) then rub over the entire body beginning with the head three times.

2-Reciting Ayatul Kursi (Verse 2:255)

3-Saying the du’a: “In your name My Lord, I have put my side and with you I raise it. And if you seize my soul, have mercy upon it. And if you send it back, then protect it with that which you protect your Righteous Servants.”

4-Saying the du’a: “Oh Allah, Verily you have created my soul and you bring it unto yourself. To you is its death and its life. If you give it life, then protect it, and if you give it death, then forgive it. Oh Allah, verily I asked you for forgiveness well-being.”

5-Then say: “Subhanullah” 33 Times, “Alhamdulillah” 33 Times, " Allahu Akbar” 34 Times

6-Saying: “Oh Allah, I submit my soul to you. I entrust myself to you and turn my face towards You, and left my affairs to You. Hope and Fear is for You. There is no salvation or refuge from You except with You. I believe in Your Book that You have sent down and in Your Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be upon Him) whom You have sent.”

7-Not Sleeping on one’s stomach

8-Sleeping on the Right Side

9-Sleeping with wudu

10-Covering Containers of Food and Drink

11-Facing the Qiblah with the Right Side

12-Putting out any fires

13-Shaking the bed off before sleep

14-Washing the hands after eating before sleeping

15-Remembering Allah upon Fear

16-Remembering Allah if there is Insomnia

17-Not sleeping on the back if one fears the awrah may be exposed (If one is seen by other people).

And Allah knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment