Monday, February 25, 2008

THE AMAZING CONFESSION OF A FAMOUS PASTOR

THE AMAZING CONFESSION OF A FAMOUS PASTOR

Some 23 years ago, approximately 2yrs after I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, I developed a voracious appetite for the reading of God’s word, and also had keen interest in the reading of countless Christian magazines and Christian bulletins, from different parts of the world. In one of those magazines, I came across an amazing confession of a famous Pastor (I do not know if he still alive now), who lived in the most powerful nation in the world .This Pastor did something one Sunday morning that, I think, shook his congregation (name of Church denomination, withheld). What he did was this:

In tears that faithful morning, he went on his knees before his congregation, and made a confession. As a new believer in Christ in those days, his confession shook my life, plunging me deeper into Christ, in repentance in sackcloth and ashes. His confession is summarized simply as follows, for your perusal and perhaps for your benefit and benefit of others.

Summary of the Pastor’s confession

“I wish to confess that all along I have been just a religious person, and although I have been a pastor for 21yrs, I had never really had any encounter with Christ. All along, I was not a Christian, TRULY, born again, until this morning. This morning, is the first time I have ever personally invited Jesus Christ into my heart, and with all my heart, now, totally surrounded to the Holy Spirit. If I had died before this morning I would have ended up in Hell”

Dear reader, as I read this story over and over again, I noticed some other interesting things, namely;

® This Pastor had extremely powerful credentials, at least, as perceived in the world of men.

® He had presided over several high level ceremonies across his nation, and for several years.

® He was highly regarded and revered by his congregation and society.

® He had rubbed shoulders with some of the most powerful political clouts in his era.

Dear reader, I do not know why I have to wake up from sleep (mid night, time checked, 2:35 a.m. of 11th Sept. 2007,) and strongly prompted to pen down this confession of a Pastor, whom I do not even know, only to transmit to others to read, especially, after so many years of reading this story. Coincidentally, too, it is 9-11, an anniversary of one of the saddest tragedies on earth. Perhaps there is someone, somewhere who needs to read this confession and, perhaps, get onto the right track, since men on earth cannot really tell where and when the next tragedy occurs.

KEY LESSONS:

As I pondered over this Pastor’s confession and credentials, wondering; “How can this be”, with many thoughts going through my mind at the same time, the Spirit of God re-assured me that;

© Men on earth do not approach the great and terrible God, who alone must be feared, with their ‘earth-quaking’ credentials.

© Men, only approach only as little children, devoid of all the frightening credentials!

Dear reader, I am sure that after you have watched the revised 4 minutes movie CLIP, now entitled; THE ‘END TIME SCENARIO’, you will also see the urgent need to surrender to Christ, in SPIRIT and in TRUTH, and also ensure that you are not just ‘men pleasers’, but also a ‘God pleaser’.To view this revised movie CLIP, just click here http://www.pasgom.org/hometoend.html, OR type WWW dot PASGOM dot ORG in your web browser, and enter the home page of www.pasgom.org, after the introductory page.Although I cannot readily locate the monthly bulletin from which I read this story, I can still remember that the name of the Pastor starts with ‘Sh’ and ends with ‘n’, and I have great respect for him, not necessarily for his credentials, but for the courage he had that beautiful morning to glorify God’s Son, Jesus Christ.

You may transmit this email to others if you are also led to do so.

God bless you.
Yours In Christ.
KN. Arku-Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment