Monday, February 25, 2008

My Mother, My Paradise

And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small." 17:24

My Mother, My Paradise

She served me until this day
Her love the sun, mine a ray

She lost sleep for me to dream
She left food, for me to be fed

Of mind and body she suffered
Her love grew as me she carried

I kicked at her bosom when an infant
Yet she held me without being hesitant

She inspired my legs and taught me to walk
All the words I pronounced listening to her talk

'Hasbi Rabbi' she sang in my ears, (such that)-
'Noor Muhammad' shone all these years(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)

All my acts of worship are but under her feet
Not two-
But three worlds I need to show her respect

If this son were to enter paradise
The warmth of her feet would be the cause

Her prayers for me are sincere than my own
She bore all the pain to see me so far grown

The pleasure of my Lord
Is in doing to her good

Even as I laid in her womb
Or be buried in the tomb-

She will continue to pour love
And pray for me forever…

If His Mercy is the entrance-
She is the key to my paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment