Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Don't Be Sad - Blessings In Disguise

Daily Reminder <ahsin.munir@virgin.net> wrote:

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I pray that this reaches you in the best of health and Eeman.

They woke up that morning in a state of joy but by the time the night had fallen, they were in their graves. In a moment of anger and caprice, Haroon ar-Rasheed unsheathed the sword of wrath upon them, killing Ja’far ibn Yahya al-Barmaki, by hanging him on a cross and then burning his body. He imprisoned his father Yahya and his brother Al-Fadl. Their wealth was confiscated. Their plight was mourned over by many Arab poets. One of them said:

“When I saw the sword mixed in Ja’far, and a caller announced the news of Yahya to the Khaleefah, I mourned over this world and I came to truly believe that in the near horizon is a day when a boy will depart from this world, it is nothing but one country and ruler supplanted by another, the event of misfortune follows the appointment of blessings. If this one dwells in the high mansions of a king, then that one sinks to the lowest depths of misery.”

But as for the present, where is Haroon ar-Rasheed and where is the Barmak family? Where is the murderer and where is the murdered? Where is the one who ordered the killing while he was lying down on a bed in his castle? And where is the one who was crucified? Yesterday and the actors of yesterday are both gone. But the Most Just will judge between them on a Day about which there is no doubt, a Day wherein there shall be neither wrongdoing nor injustice.

‘The knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Record. My Lord is neither unaware nor He forgets.” Surah Ta-Ha – Ayah 52.

“The Day when [all] mankind will stand before the Lord of the ‘Aalameen [mankind, jinns and all that exists].” Surah Al-Mutaffifin – Ayah 6.

Wasalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu Ahsin.

Details Taken From – “Don’t Be Sad” by Shaykh Aaidh Al-Qarni.




O Allah, O Sufficer of the isolated and weak and Protector against terrifying affairs! Offenses have isolated me, so there is none to be my companion. I am too weak for Thy wrath and there is none to strengthen me. I have approached the terror of meeting Thee and there is none to still my fear. I beg for Your Mercy! Ameen Push On Dua!

No comments:

Post a Comment