Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Poem for my sisters

As the blanket of night covers day
And the stars drizzle across the sky
The serene world of nature is shattered
By your deafeningly silent cry

When the albatross of loneliness engulfs you
And you cry an ocean under your bed
Know that worlds apart I weep with you
And pray you survive the path that you tread

Even though the trials and tests that you face
Are overseen by providence divine
Dear ukhti, when I heard your heart tearing apart
I would have gladly replaced it with mine

My beloved, I cannot cure your despair
I am but a human being
Know that the one who will never disappoint you
Is there; All Aware; All Seeing

As of yet I haven't fallen in love
But for Allah's sake it consumes me
May He release the shackles binding you
And grant your heart ease to be free

Free from the depth of surrounding ignorance,
And stubborn seas of arrogance they display
But one thing sis, that you're still bound to
Is my love for you each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment