Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Age ain't nothing but a number

From the age of One it had already begun.
My life, my story, and no knowledge of how to yet use my tongue.
The honor of Islam was bestowed upon me,
To worship my Lord as was His decree.

At the tender age if Eight
So begun my twist of fate,
Because it was here that Shaytan opened up his gate,
To all kinds of disobedience and hate.

For even though I learnt how to pray,
I didn't know I'd have to do it five times a day.
I was so ignorant to what my life had in store,
And never thought that Islam had to be at its core.

When I was Eleven
I was told about heaven,
But they would have been better off telling me this
When I was aged 7,

Because now I was getting ready for Secondary School,
Dreaming of new friends and playing pool.
And even though I was given a hint about hell,
On deaf ears those words ultimately fell,
Instead ignorance prevailed And started to dwell.

At sweet Sixteen
All hope was lost for my deen,
But wait,
I was just an average day teen;
Wanting girls and using status as a tool,
Astaghfirullah,

I was such an immature fool!
It was at this age that peer pressure was so strong,
I didn't know to which group of people
I wanted to belong,

Islam seemed a far cry from the "in" crowd,
In reality I was blatantly arrogant and proud.

By the age of Twenty One
I was no longer their favoured son,
Answering back and challenging my mum.
It was this that started my Islamic decline,

As I indulged in haram and
Completely wasted my time.

Seconds became minutes
Which turned to hours and then days,
But I still ignored the dawah
And refused to come out of my phase.

I had the truth wavered in my face,
But I ran away from it with haste,
Avoiding the mosque at all cost,
But it was only me that was at a loss.

Because now I'm old and unable to walk
And my speech has become incomprehensible talk
My family have forsaken me and given up hope,
And my grandchildren laugh at me
And think I am a joke.

So the only advice I can give,
Is recommended that you live the life you live.
But remember death
Is the eventful slumber,
So fulfill your duties to your Lord

Or life will take you under,
And then you'll hear Allah's thunder.

Be warned young Muslims
AGE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A NUMBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment