Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Concept of Monotheism in the Bible

When a close examination of the Bible takes place in the light of The NOBLE QUR'ANIC VERSES some of the truth that have survived in the Bible , will be revealed.

Monotheism evidence in the Old Testament

1- (1st Timothy 2:5)
“For there is one God “.
2- (Isaiah 43:11)
“I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no savior”.
3- (Isaiah 45:6)
"That they may know from the rising of the sun and from the west that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else."
4- (Isaiah 46:9)
"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me .
5- (Leviticus 26:1)
"Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it for I am the Lord your God."
6- (Exodus 20:1-5)
" And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God ,"
7- (Deutronomy 4:39)
"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath there is none else."

Monotheism evidence in the New Testament
1- John (14 :28 )
" Jesus Peace be upon him ,was saying " I ascend unto my Father , and your Father ; and to my God and your God ." "
Note:
a-" By stating that the "Father" is greater than himself, Jesus Peace be upon him distinguishes himself from God.
b- Jesus Peace be upon him, reference to God as "my Father and your Father” further emphasizes the distinction between himself and God.
c- By referring to God as “his God " , he Peace be upon him left no room for anyone to intelligently claim that he was God" (6)
2-Mark (12:28- 32)
"And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord"
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he .
3- Matthew (19:16-17)
"And behold one came and said to him (Jesus) Good teacher , what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life ? So he said to him , Why do you call me good ?No one good but One , this is , God . But if you want to enter into eternal life , keep the commandments ,"
4- Matthew (4:10&, Luke 4:8)
" You shall worship the Lord your God and serve only Him "
5- Mark (10:18)
" Jesus said to him, " Why do you call me good ?No one is good but God alone."
6-John (5:30)
" I can do nothing independently ; I judge as I am informed and my judgment is fair ; for I am not looking out for my will but for the will of Him who sent me "
7- John (8:28)
" I do nothing off my own accord, but tell things just as the Father has taught Me. “

No comments:

Post a Comment