Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Death Of An Innocent

I went to a party Mom,

I remembered what you said.

You told me not to drink, Mom,

So I drank soda instead.


I really felt proud inside, Mom,

The way you said I would.

I didn't drink and drive, Mom,

Even though the others said I should.


I know I did the right thing, Mom,

I know you are always right.

Now the party is finally ending, Mom,

As everyone is driving out of sight.


As I got into my car, Mom,

I knew I'd get home in one piece.

Because of the way you raised me,

So responsible and sweet.


I started to drive away, Mom,

But as I pulled out into the road,

The other car didn't see me, Mom,

And hit me like a load.


As I lay there on the pavement, Mom,

I hear the policeman say,

"The other guy is drunk," Mom,

And now I'm the one who will pay.


I'm lying here dying, Mom....

I wish you'd get here soon.

How could this happen to me, Mom?

My life just burst like a balloon.


There is blood all around me, Mom,

And most of it is mine.

I hear the medic say, Mom,

I'll die in a short time.


I just wanted to tell you, Mom,

I swear I didn't drink.

It was the others, Mom.

The others didn't think.


He was probably at the same party as I.

The only difference is, he drank

And I will die.



Why do people drink, Mom?

It can ruin your whole life.

I'm feeling sharp pains now.

Pains just like a knife.


The guy who hit me is walking, Mom,

And I don't think it's fair.

I'm lying here dying

And all he can do is stare.


Tell my brother not to cry, Mom.

Tell Daddy to be brave.

And when I go to heaven, Mom,

Put "Daddy's Garl" on my grave.


Someone should have told him, Mom,

Not to drink and drive.

If only they had told him, Mom,

I would still be alive.


My breath is getting shorter, Mom.

I'm becoming very scared.

Please don't cry for me, Mom.

When I needed you, you were always there.


I have one last question, Mom.

Before I say good bye.

I didn't drink and drive,

So why am I the one to die?

No comments:

Post a Comment