Friday, March 30, 2007

Quotes : On Mother

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."
-- Marion C. Garretty

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
-- Agatha Christie

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
-- Mark Twain

"A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest."
-- Irish Proverb

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."
-- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face."
-- George Eliot.

"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world."
-- Kate Douglas Wiggin

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."
-- George Washington (1732-1799)

"There is no velvet so soft as a mother's lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps."
-- Archibald Thompson

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs ... since the payment is pure love."
-- Mildred B. Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment