Friday, February 18, 2005

Each Breath

Am I truly grateful for each breath that I take,For each and every moment that I am awake?Do I thank Allah for my restful sleep,And for the dreams that cause me to weep?Am I honestly thankful to the Almighty One,For the early morning mist, the bright, rising sun?During Fajr prayer, I use my soft prayer mat,As Allahs servant, do I appreciate that?Throughout the day, do I realize,That Allah, All knowing and the Most Wise,Gives me what I need and so much moreAnd that I have so much to be grateful for?The scent of fresh rain, a small childs laugh,My sisters who choose to stand for Islam,Each piece of fruit, each glass of water,Brothers protecting their sons and their daughters.A grandmothers love, a book of hadith,The clothes that I wear, the food that I eat.The book that I should follow, the Holy Quran,Promoting the good and ending the wrong.So I must ask myself every beautiful day,Am I truly grateful for each breath that I take,For each and every moment that I am awake?Do I thank Allah for my restful sleep,And for the dreams that cause me to weep?

Contributed by : Fareheen Chowdhury

No comments:

Post a Comment