Wednesday, March 16, 2005

HE HEARD A VOICE IN A CLOUD SAYING

Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam is reported to have said: "A person was in a jungle when all of a sudden he heard a voice in a cloud saying: "Go and water the orchard of so and so person." On hearing that voice, the cloud moved and poured heavily on a stony place. All the water collected in a drain and began to flow. This person began following the water and saw that a man was standing in his orchard and was sprinkling water with a spade. This person asked the gardener: "O servant of Allah! What is your name?" He gave the same name which this person had heard in the cloud. Thereafter, the gardener asked this person: "O servant of Allah! Why are you asking me my name?" He replied: "I heard a voice in that cloud whose water this is taking your name and asking it to pour water onto your orchard. What do you do in it that it is so acceptable?" He replied: "Now that you have asked, I will have to inform you. I look at its total produce and from there I give one third to charity. Another third I keep for myself and my family, and the last third I re-invest into this orchard."

Lesson: Glory be to Allah! How merciful He is that the person who obeys Him has all his work done through unseen ways without him even knowing about it. Without doubt, the person who becomes Allah's, Allah becomes his.

No comments:

Post a Comment