Wednesday, September 17, 2008

NUR WITH FAST

(3) Narrated Aws ibn Aws ath-Thaqafi: I heard the apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If anyone makes (his wife) wash and he washes himself on Friday, goes out early (for Friday prayer), attends the sermon from the beginning, walking, not riding, takes his seat near the imam, listens attentively, and does not indulge in idle talk, he will get the reward of a year's fasting and praying at night for every step he takes. (Book #1, Hadith #0345) Abu Dawud

(99) Narrated 'Aisha: Allah's Apostle used to fast till one would say that he would never stop fasting, and he would abandon fasting till one would say that he would never fast. I never saw Allah's Apostle fasting for a whole month except the month of Ramadan, and did not see him fasting in any month more than in the month of Sha'ban. (Book #31, Hadith #190) Bukhari

I wont keep it too long today or leave too much for reading cause here we are, Ramadhan on the rise again... I still remember my 1st Ramadhan about 6 or 7 years ago, all I knew was not to eat or drink in the day. I would even drive west so that I was under the dark side of the sky feeling it was still safe to eat till the light was over me... Muslims telling me I can smoke but no food or drink in the day, I even fasted on Eid cause I didnt know what Eid was, and I had ppl to ask, but how was I suppose to even know the questions to ask... There are many new muslim and ppl who have been muslim all their lives but just started to practice, and they are all fasting for the 1st time looking for ways to do it better and gain the most benefit from it. All forms of sadaqah that you and I can take advantage of in this holy time where deed are multiplied so greatly....

Two short but such powerful hadiths. last years fast was hard, so this year after reading this hadith about our Nabi S.A.W. fasting more in shaban, I been trying to practice fasting more than the other months so the 1st couple weeks of Ramadhan wont be so tough, and it effects the whole year.

Deen, ilm, worship ect ect, are all light, and this light must exist in the heart, but darkness and light don’t stay in the same place, so its up to us to clean out the darkness, sins, pride corruptions, fitnah, desires, ect ect from the heart to prepare it for the sweetness of iman. Otherwise u see yourself get to a certain point, but that one sin or bad habit (no matter how small we think it is) holds us back from growing past a certain point. That darkness is stopping the heart for filling with light and the Nur of iman, look at the purity of the pious ppl of the past. Even in surrah Shams Allah S.W.T. says something to the effect, ' He succeeds those who purify their selves/hearts/souls, and he fails those who corrupt their selves/hearts/souls.

Ramadhan is a great opportunity for removing the darkness. just you against your desires and bad habits... nows the time for change... we were born yesterday, we either change today or not, but you gonna die tomorrow, so why waste this blessing....?
May Allah give us the divine help and inspiration to benefit from this month and remove the darkness from our hearts and fill it with the Nur of Iman insha Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment