Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Virtues of Ramadhaan

Kaab bin Ujra relates, "Rasulullah (SAW) said, "Come near to the mimbar". And we came near to the mimbar.
When he ascended the First step of the mimbar he said "Aameen". When he ascended the second step of the mimbar he said, "Aameen". When he ascended the third step he said, "Aameen".
When he descended we said, "0 Rasul of Allah, we have heard from you today something which we never heard before". He said, When I ascended the first step) Jibra-eel A.S. appeared before me and said, "Woe to him who found the blessed month of Ramadhaan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness" , Upon that I said, "Aameen". When I ascended the second step, he said "Woe to him before whom thy name is mentioned and then does not read Durood (salaat alan Nabi) on you". I replied "Aameen". When I ascended the third step he said, "Woe unto the person in whose presence both parents or one of them attain old age, and (through failure to serve them) is not allowed to enter Jannah" I said "Aameen".
Reported by Haakim.

No comments:

Post a Comment