Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Am a Muslim Lady & Proud to be one

I have written this poem few years ago and I penned it for a MAN who thought that a WOMAN was the weakest creature of this earth. Perhaps you will find this poem a bit egoistical or I showed a pride. Mind you, this poem is not at all a self-praising, it's just a fact. Am just sharing it.

Am a Muslim Lady & proud to be one
(Musulmane et fière de l'être)


I am proud to be a Muslim Lady. You'll never understand why.
Whenever I go out in public, I walk with grace and nobility.
When I speak, it's always the truth coming out from my heart
Even if you laugh or mock at me, I don't care a pin.
It's your problem if you fail to recognise my dignity.

You must be stunned since everything I do, I do it freely without any fear
I'm not gnawed with depression or not even feel deprived by people's attitude Alhamdolillah.
I'm neither weak nor disgraced when you hurt me.
But am silent when I see you wasting your time in creating stories about me.

I am not consumed with envy or jealousy for anyone. Guess I'm surely hilarious and cheerful.
I smile both with all the rich and poor ladies I cross around.
Please note that I speak good English. And I know très bien le Francais aussi .
I'm majoring in desktop publishing & linguistics. Be free to come ahead and speak your mind out.
I am not chained and I go shopping as long as I wish.
Because every cent I earn or receive from my husband is mine.
I swim in the sea & pool, I stroll on the beach. You must be stunned when I enjoy myself in sea games.
Remember you once told me, 'hey are you gonna do parasailing'?
I laughingly told you that it was not a crime.
You opened your eyes wide with surprise when I was high on the sky with a Hindu friend.
You always think that if am covered, I must be a fanatic or extremist Muslim Lady.
Ya, you saw me with this friend who in one hand was wearing jeans and in other hand I was with a burqa!!
She and I were in spree, happy.

Before you often gazed with a disgust as I walked by. But now you understand my veil finally.
You finally burst out that yes, I got peace and power in everything I do.
Nowadays you bow your head whenever you see me.
You found out that I am equal to any male even if the latter is a body-builder!

You can see my frail nature and my softly talk, but dear mister don't try to excuse yourself by pity me.
For God has guided me to the Truth.
And now I'm finally free from worldly fun, and with my Allah I feel damn HAPPY!


Hanisha

No comments:

Post a Comment