Monday, June 05, 2006

Nine Tips to Face Worldly Challenges

It is reported that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon
him) said:
"My Lord gave me nine bits of advice and I give them to you. He
advised me:

1. To be sincere whether in private and in public
2. To do justice whether in anger or in happiness
3. To be moderate whether in riches or in poverty
4. To join (in relations) with those who (try) to cut me off
5. To give to those who deprive me
6. To forgive those who do wrong to me
7. That my silence be thoughtful
8. My speech be mindful (of Allah)
9. My vision be to take admonition
(Reported by Razeen)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
"Seek help from God and do not lose heart. And if anything (in the
form of trouble) comes to you, don't say, 'If I had not done (something
differently), (the troubles) would not have happened,' but (instead)
say, 'God did that what He had ordained to do.' Your 'if' opens the (gate
for Satan.)"
[Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1227]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
"A wise person is one who keeps watch over his bodily desires and
passions, and (keeps away) from that which is harmful, and strives for
that which will benefit him after death. And a foolish person is one who
subordinates himself to his cravings and desires, and expects from God
the fulfillment of his futile desires."
[Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 16]

No comments:

Post a Comment