Thursday, December 15, 2005

How can Love for Allah be created?

By Shaykh Haafiz Ashraf Ali Thanwi Rahamullahi Alaih Wa Nawarallahu Marqadahu

Hereunder I wish to present several effective mediums which tribute to creating love for Allah. To attain this love a few important points need to be adhered to:
1. Allocate a specific time to reflect upon the great blessings and bounties of Allah Taala. Along with this closely study one's shortcomings and ponder: If I was to have opposed a world leader in such a manner, what would have been my outcome? How disgraced would I have been in his eyes? But Allah Taala, despite my rebellious actions has not put a stop to his shower of blessings upon me.
2. Bring in to practice all shar'ee commandments related to one's external life, despite experiencing an absence of inclination. Experience shows that good deeds posses the quality of creating love for them. Though in the beginning stages there maybe no apparent love, love will gradually be created. Like a magnet has no effect on iron lying at a distance, but no sooner it is brought close, the magnet automatically pulls it to belt. Deeds too have a magnetic effect.
3. On a daily basis, set some time aside for zikr (remembrance of Allah Taala), though it maybe for a short while (even if you are not spiritually con­nected to anyone). This zikr should be made in seclusion with a bit of concentration.
4. Join the company of the pious and friends of Allah Taala. Insha Allah through their company the love for the world will soon be reduced. In essence this is the way to recognise the friends of Allah Taala i.e. in their company one finds a decrease in world­ly love and an increase in the love for Allah Taala.
Allah willing, if the above mentioned four points are brought in to practice, I can say with assertion that within forty days the love for Allah Taala will defi­nitely be created within the heart - And who am I to give assurance, rather it is upon the Qur'an and Ahadeeth that I am basing my claim and not something fabricated by myself.

Courtesy: www.jamiat.org.za

No comments:

Post a Comment