Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Would you like to fly in Paradise?

Ibn Awn (ra - may Allah be pleased with him) said: "A man visited Muhammad Ibn Sireen (ra) and found him with his mother. The man asked: 'What is wrong with Muhammad Ibn Sireen, does he suffer from anything?' The guests said: 'No, but he is always like that when he sits with his mother.'

Some of Muhammad Ibn Sireen's relatives said: 'I have never seen Muhammad Ibn Sireen (ra) tlaking to his mother, but with humility towards her.'

Abu Yazid al-Bastami, may Allah have mercy on him, said: 'I was twenty years of age when my mother called me one night to look after her, because she was ill. I obeyed her; I put one of my hands under her head and with the other one I passed it over her body reciting surat al-Ikhlaas, Say: "He is Allah, the one....". My hand, which was under her head, became numb. I, then said to myself: 'The hand of mine but my mother's right is for Allah's Pleasure. So I endured that pain until dawn, and ever since then I was never able to move my hand again (it became paralyzed).' When Abu Yazid al-Bastami died, one of his companions saw him in his dream flying in Paradise and Glorifying Allah, the Most Merciful. He asked him: ' How did you obtain mercy?' Abu Yazid al-Bastami replied: 'Kindness to my mother and endurance of hardships.'

Abdullah Ibn Awn set two slaves free because once, when his mother called him, he raised his voice over hers.

Abu Burda' Ibn Abu Musa' al-Ash'ari said: "Ibn Omar saw a Yemeni man circumambulating the Ka'bah, carrying his mother. The man said to him, "I am like a tame camel for her, I have carried her more than she carried me. Do you think I have paid her back, O Ibn Omar?" He replied, "No, not even for one contraction!".


A WONDERFUL MOTHER

GOD made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He molded her heart of pure gold;
In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheeks, fair roses you see;
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment