Monday, December 26, 2005

To landlords who break hearts: Beware!

O gem of this world!
O gem of all gems!

For days a line haven't I written on you
True, my life was no life all these days

The glare and roar distracted me
Even my soul's half was not around to comfort me

It is a great trial to be always in love
These times are filled with much hate

All I read is about blasts near Tigris
The Enemy fools us as he aggress

To tie his hands are no one
Bravery failed, deception won

Jaihoon doubts his own self
For whose sake shall he pray?
Whom to befriend or defend
Confused… no longer confident!

For now, I have a different plaint
I share it on behalf of who often lament

O Rasool!
You are our guide in every walk of life-
The glory in martyrdom and feeding one's wife

Therefore the pains of earth
Is same as those after death-
For my worries to ease
And agony to ease…

I cry of injustice committed by some-
Among us:
Their concern is merely to sum-
Their riches.

Over the buildings are they made the lords
But they forget law of the Bounteous Lord

They hike the charge for no reason
Their excuse is no far from illusion...

No comments:

Post a Comment