Friday, December 26, 2008

BALANCED

(1) Narrated Aisha: Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) lay down and turned his face to the other side. Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying, "Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?" Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) turned his face towards him and said, "Leave them." When Abu Bakr became inattentive, I signaled to those girls to go out and they left. It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (p.b.u.h) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave. (Book #15, Hadith #70) (2) Narrated Aisha: Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id." (Book #15, Hadith #72) Both BUKHARI I just love these 2 hadiths show the perfectly balanced character of our Nabi S.A..W.The busiest person in the world at that time still taking the time out of his life to please his wife, and not just till he is busy again, but until she herself is satisfied.. While all this is going on he S.A..W. is teaching others and the entire ummah through his character and the way he dealt with the situations, so many rules of fiq, and such perfect character, on how to respect others and their beliefs even if we don’t agree, not just cutting their ways off completely, but compassion and understanding towards others... not being too passive about our faith but also not so aggressive that we scare other away from deen........ just a well balanced way of life that is simple and effective when applied correctly.. May Allah give is he understanding to take benefits from all that is good and leave all that is evil jummah mubarak

No comments:

Post a Comment