Thursday, September 28, 2006

How some Youth view Ramadhan

Another Ramdhan enters
And for some people nothing much has changed
They wake up for sehri
Stuff their faces and back to bed ASAP

Wake up at 12ish
Switch on the Hi Fi with the loud music blasting
Sing along to their favourite tunes
And maybe bust a few moves
To wake themselves up from sleep

Go downstairs and watch the TV
Any music show, Bollywood film or action flick
Will do the trick
And help to pass the hours
Until its time to eat and devour a big iftar

Forget the news or documentaries
Iraq and Afghanistan so depressing and dreary

Maghrib Azan is made on TV and on the walky talky
Time to eat
Been praying in my mind for this moment
No bismillah or thanks to Allah
For the food we have been blessed with
Mum bought it from the local halal grocery
And the Tesco’s down the road

Yummy! The delicacies taste lovely on an empty stomach
Eat your fill like there is no tomorrow
Where’s the tea and jelabbiy
The parents pray maghrib
But the kids are still eating

Appreciation for the chef
With the belching and wind
Time for a nap
All this eating can be tiring

Put on some soft sensual Bollywood tunes
And hit the bed
And pretend to be oblivious and dead to the world around

Wake up after a few hours
Everyone is getting ready for terrawih
20 rakahs and 1 and half hours
Of sheer pain and sweat
Aint for me man
I got things to do

Log onto the internet
Visit my fav sites
Where I chill and flirt with my online mates
Discuss stupidity and silly things like
Have you ever loved and lost
Is it necessary to love someone
http://www.qmbsoc.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=4.0
Don’t believe me
Then check out this stupidity above
By people

Most of who are Muslims
But we are modern 21st century Muslims

We got Muslim names
We know where we are from
Adam and eve
Not Adam and Steve
We’re not that lost honest

The house feels like a morgue
Dads at the masjid with the old fogeys
Ex gangsters and bad boys
Now reformed characters since they hit 50
Mums at her friends doing her prayers

I’m all alone
Oh woe is me
Put on the music on the PC
Chat to my mates and respond to useless discussions on the net

Do the above describe you or people you know?
Used to be me once upon a time
Until Allah opened my eyes to the truth
Now I’m happy like never before

As Allah swt says in the Quran “Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find contentment”

Please forward widely and post and publish as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment