Thursday, September 14, 2006

Prayer Of Istikhara

Istikharah (seeking Allah SWT ‘s counsel)
Jabir bin Abdullah (Radhi taa’ala anha) said: “The Prophet (pbuh) used to teach us to seek Allah SWT’s councel in all matters as he used to teach us a surah from the Qur’an. He would say: “When anyone of you has an important matter to decide, let him pray two Rak’ah other than the obligatory prayer and then say:

Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi’ilmika, wa astaqdiruka biqudra-tika, wa as’aluka min fadlikal azeemi, fainnaka taqdiru wa la aqdiru, wa at’lamu, wa la a’lamu, wa Anta Allamul-Ghuyubi, Allahum-ma in kunta at’lamu anna hadhal amra - (then mention he thing to be decided) - Khairun li fee deeni wa ma’aashi wa aaqibati amri - (or say) - “Aajilihi wa aajilihi. Faqdurhu li wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li feehi, wa in kunta ta’lamu anna haadhal amra sharrun li fee deeni wa ma’aashi wa aaqibati amri - (or say) - ‘Aajilihi wa aajilihi fasrifhu ‘anni wasrifni ‘anhu waqdur liyal khaira hauthu kaana thumma ardini bihi

Meaning
“Oh Allah, I seek the counsel of Your knowledge and I seek the help of Your omnipotence and I beseech Your magnificent grace. Surely You are Capable and I am not. You know and I know not, and You are the Knower of the unseen, Oh Allah surely You know, so if this matter (then mention the thing to be decided) is good got me, in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come - (or say) - then ordain it for me and make it easy for me, then bless me in it. And if this matter is bad for me, in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come - (or say) - then distance it from me and distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it is to be found and help me to be content with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment